Group CBS will be at PowerTest on March 8–12, 2023, in Orlando, Florida. PowerTest is NETA’s premier conference for electrical testing, high-powered learning, innovations, and networking. As a high-voltage sponsor, Group CBS invites you to attend our booths, seminars, and networking events, where we share our products and expertise and offer giveaways and networking opportunities.
Visit Booth 701 to learn how Group CBS provides electrical solutions worldwide and to see the latest products available for all your power distribution needs, including CBS ArcSafe’s latest remote switching actuator, the RSA-65; the MAC-TS4 vacuum interrupter test set; the CBT-1202 circuit breaker timer; the VITS60M multifunction test set from Vacuum Interrupters — and more!
When you visit our booths and events, scan or leave your business card for a chance to win an Oculus! The winner will be announced at the end of the week.
Technical Seminars at PowerTest 2023
NETA Breaker Maintenance,
The PowerTest technical seminars will include a presentation on breaker maintenance and life extension from Group CBS president Finley Ledbetter. Learn best practices for circuit breaker maintenance and the hows and whys of life extension programs. Don’t miss this session on March 10, 2023, at 1:15 p.m.!
With good, regular circuit breaker maintenance, most metal-clad electrical apparatuses will last far beyond their 20-year design plan, working safely and efficiently in power distribution systems for 30 years, 40 years, and even longer. The breaker maintenance practices discussed in this seminar include visual inspections, mechanical verification checks, and electrical testing. The presentation also covers the benefits of repairing and reconditioning low-, medium-, and high-voltage circuit breaker apparatuses.
Learn about the hows and whys of life extension programs, including retrofits and retrofills. Retrofits involve the replacement of older components, such as analog controllers, with solid-state trip units. This can raise the interrupting capacity of a breaker, increase equipment reliability, and improve worker safety. Retrofills replace old, obsolete, and underrated equipment with new overload components using the existing enclosure to match existing equipment.
With life extension programs, companies can:
- Upgrade low-voltage circuit breakers and motor controls with vacuum interrupters to increase life in motor-starting applications
- Retrofit an obsolete low-voltage power circuit breaker with a modern insulated case circuit breaker, which has a higher interrupting capacity and modern solid-state electronics
- Upgrade a medium-voltage motor control with a new GE Multilin motor relay
- Replace low-voltage motor control buckets with our UL-listed replacement products
- Replace an obsolete medium-voltage breaker and draw-out cell assembly by installing retrofill modules that provide you with a new breaker and cell
- Upgrade or replace discontinued medium-voltage circuit breakers with vacuum roll-ins
- Retrofit an obsolete medium-voltage air circuit breaker with a vacuum circuit breaker with the same truck assembly
Be sure to drop by for Group CBS engineer Paul Grein’s new product presentation, held in room Panzacola G, from 5 to 6 p.m. on March 8. The session will include information on CBS ArcSafe’s latest remote switch actuator, the RSA-65. Designed to remotely open/close electrical equipment, RSAs protect technicians by keeping them outside the arc-flash hazard zone.
Visit Cuba at Around the World with PowerTest!
Travel around the world with PowerTest at Wednesday’s Hospitality Suites event. With six suite hosts offering their own brand of hospitality from around the globe, there is sure to be something for everyone. Food, drinks, games, prizes, and more await attendees at this exciting event. Stop by to grab a quality stogie from Group CBS’s expert cigar roller.
To set up a meeting with any Group CBS association, shoot us a note. Safe travels and see you in Orlando!