About Group CBS, Inc.
Headquartered in Addison, Texas, Group CBS has affiliated companies throughout the U.S. and in the U.K. that provide premier products and unparalleled capabilities and services to the industrial, utility, electrical distribution, and repair markets.
If it's electrical... we have it!
We're the one-stop for all your electrical apparatus sales, service, and engineering requirements.
- Largest inventory of new, surplus or reconditioned low and medium voltage power equipment and replacement parts available in North America
- Servicing of Class 1E nuclear-rated switchgear and circuit breakers in compliance with 10CFR50 Appendix B
- Modern shop facilities with skilled engineers and technicians
- Comprehensive quality repair, rebuild, retrofit, retrofill, and life extension capabilities
- Emergency or scheduled electrical testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting at your facility
- Power engineering services such as short-circuit and coordination studies, arc flash hazard analysis, and design-build services
- Custom manufacturing: engineered, reverse-engineered, and remanufacturing of obsolete parts
- Replacement electrical contacts for load tap changers, circuit breakers, and other switchgear
- Remote racking systems for automatic racking of circuit breakers from a remote location
- Remote switch operators - actuators for automatic opening and closing circuit breakers and other control switches from a remote location
- Replacement vacuum interrupters for contactors and circuit breakers
- Vacuum interrupter test equipment to determine the condition of circuit breaker and contactor vacuum interrupters
- Indoor dry type and cast coil power transformers to 4000 kVA in stock
- Millions of replacement parts and assemblies
- We rent most equipment in our vast inventory
Interested in joining the Group CBS family of affiliate companies?
For more information about joining the Group CBS family of affiliate companies, please contact us. We are always looking for qualified, motivated employees in all areas of our business. Click here for more information.
Group CBS Affiliates
Group CBS has affiliated companies throughout the U.S. and in the U.K., which provide premier products and unparalleled capabilities and services to the industrial, utility, electrical distribution, and repair markets. If it’s electrical, we have it! We're the one-stop for all your electrical apparatus sales, service, and engineering requirements. View the Group CBS Linecard.
Quality Standards, Certifications, & Compliance
Group CBS-affiliated companies are members of numerous industry organizations including:
Several Group CBS affiliates are ISO 9001 2008-certified, including Circuit Breaker Sales, Circuit Breaker Store, Advanced Electrical & Motor Controls, and Vacuum Interrupters. They have comprehensive quality assurance procedures and full electrical testing capabilities including an in-house 200 kV impulse generator to test BIL withstand. All new or remanufactured equipment is covered by a one-year parts and labor warranty. Circuit Breaker Sales is also environmentally certified. They have a fully developed and implemented ISO 14001-compliant environment management system and have been issued ISO 14001:2004 certification.
Circuit Breaker Sales, Western Electrical Services, and Advanced Electrical & Motor Controls are members of PEARL - the Professional Electrical Apparatus Recycling League. PEARL membership is validation of our longstanding commitment to quality and adherence to the highest standards, and strict technical, safety, and operational requirements to ensure the proper recycling and reuse of electrical power equipment.
Additional memberships include: Circuit Breaker Sales is a member of NFPA - the National Fire Protection Association; CBS ArcSafe is a member of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA); and Western Electrical Services is a member of NETA, the InterNational Electrical Testing Association.